Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Shelter of God's Promises


From the Publisher:

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. "In a world of uncertainty, pain, and struggle, where do you find solid assurance and unshakeable truth?
Gifted Bible teacher and inspiring Women of Faith speaker Sheila Walsh offers powerful, heart-filled teaching on ten bedrock promises of God, providing the foundation for daily confidence, joy, and hope.

In The Shelter of God’s Promises, Sheila searches Scripture for what God has promised us, what God's promises mean, and how encounters with Christ are the eternal fulfillment of His unrelenting commitment to us. In this riveting walk through some of the Bible's most compelling stories, Walsh unveils ten foundational promises of God that secure our lives during even the most difficult times. Sheila weaves her hallmark storytelling, inspiring personal experience, and Scripture to help readers gain a trust in God that will sustain them for a lifetime.

 My Review:
I will be honest this is the very first book I have read by Sheila Walsh. Through the years I have never been able to make it to Women of Faith for one reason or another. All I can say is I have truly been missing out on this Awesome woman of God!

The Shelter of God's Promises is a amazing book,
The book is broken down into categories of God's Promises:

Promises, Promises- I Need Something to Hold On To
Provision- I Don't Have Enough
Peace- I'm Afraid and Feel Alone
Confidence-I Can't See God's Plan in this Pain
Love- I Don't Believe that Anyone Could Really Love Me
Grace- I Have Failed
Hope- I'm Broken
Strength- I Feel Things Are Crashing Around Me
More- I Know There's Something Better
Home- I have a Future

This book reminds us of the truly Unconditional Love that our heavenly Father has for us. No matter what we do, his promises remain. 

This book came to me at the perfect time in my life. From the very first page I was hooked. Sheila has a beautiful gift from the Lord and shares it in a way that is very clear and understandable. In the very first chapter she speaks of her father-in-law and Moses

A few days ago my Mother who lives alone lost her Job. She is afraid of the unknown and not sure what God is going to do in her life. I think that this book would be absolutly wonderful her. Or the close family friend who is facing Breast Cancer know that her Husband may not survive till morning. I WILL be recommending the book to Family and Friends.

Oh, and this isn't just a book! In the back there is a in-depth Bible study for each chapter...
*Discover
*Believe
*Live
*Memorize this Week
Thus turning this great book into a 10 week Bible study.


"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God."
-2 Corinthians 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment